Read them carefully, we want your visit to be memorable. Frequently Asked Questions are for your benefit & safety.
Where is Shiripuno Lodge?
The Shiripuno Amazon Lodge is located in the Yasuni Biosphere Reserve. Which is along the Shiripuno River and between the provinces of Orellana and Pastaza.
How do I to get to Shiripuno Lodge?
Guests can either take a 30 minutes flight from Quito to Coca (Francisco de Orellana) or an 8 hours night Bus ride from Quito. Our staff will meet you in Coca at the Hotel Auca or at the Airport.
Your trip starts at 10:30 AM. We will drive south of the Napo River along the Auca Road to the Yasuni Biosphere Reserve for 2:30 hours to the Shiripuno River. You will then continue downstream on the Shiripuno River for 4 hours to reach Shiripuno Lodge. Arrival time about 17:30.
RESERVATIONS & PAYMENT POLICIES
In order to confirm the Tour, Shiripuno Lodge requires the following:
- Copy of Valid Passport (PDF)
- Copy of Signed Contract (PDF)
- Copy Valid Vaccination (Card PDF)
- Filling up the Online Form
PLEASE NOTICE: All Transfer Fees will be paid by visitors, please check your bank fees; usually is $ 40 per wire.
IMPORTANT: Please provide a copy of transfers/wires details to confirm your payments.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SHIRIPUNO LODGE WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- Transportation Coca-Shiripuno-Coca
- Accommodation in double rooms with private bathroom
- Meals during travel
- Naturalist Guide (English-Spanish)
- Native guide
- Excursions in the forest
- Rubber boots up to size 44
- The full payment of tour shall be paid at least 40 days prior to the service start date using any of the payments methods provided above. No PayPal
- Payment of tour could be done in Quito a week prior to the service start date on the following address:
Av. Amazonas N 23 – 41 y Veintimilla
Telf: 2527668 – 2541967 – 2523072
Quito – Ecuador
GROUPS AND RELEASED
- From 10 people are considered as a group and apply a discount depending on the number that conform it.
- Be given 1 free for every 15 paying passengers.
- Between 39 to 31 days before the start date of your package: 25% of the total value of the Tour.
- Between 30 to 19 days before the start date of your package: 30% of the total value of the Tour.
- Between 18 to 09 days before the start date of your package: 50% of the total value of the Tour.
- 08 days: 100% of the total value of the Tour.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REFUNDS
- Shiripuno Lodge charged a penalty of 20% of the value of the service if a change is made in the Tour dates of operation.
- The value of the Tour will be refunded only if the cancellation is due to force utmost as: adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, civil disorder, restrictions or regulations government, war, quarantine, national states of emergency, all covered by law or other, in which event will be held over 10% of the total value.
- The value of the package will not be refunded if the passenger does not show the time and date agreed under any circumstances.
- Shiripuno Lodge is not responsible for delays, inconvenience, medical expenses or mishaps any kind resulting from the total or partial negligence of others or from causes beyond our control, the same shall be borne by the passenger.
- Shiripuno Lodge is not responsible for damage or loss of personal belongings and valuables.
- Shiripuno Lodge reserves the right to substitute accommodation or means of transport and make changes in the itinerary when deemed necessary to protect the integrity of the passengers.
- Shiripuno Lodge does not discriminate against any person because of age, race, gender, preferences sex, religion, nationality or otherwise.
- The passenger, when embarking on our trips, voluntarily accept the risks expected or unexpected involving the same.
- Shiripuno Lodge recommends that passengers obtain travel insurance prior the trip.
WHAT PERSONAL DOCUMENTS DO I NEED?
The Ecuadorian Government had created the Intangible Zone that spans nearly 3,000 square miles (758,051 hectares). It is designed to protect the core territory of a Waorani family group known as the Tagaeri and Taromenane. They are the last two known groups of indigenous peoples in voluntary isolation in Ecuador.
You need to bring the following documents:
- Original Passport
- Copy of Passport
- Vaccine Card: Yellow Fever Vaccine + Hepatitis A, B Vaccines
What can I read? Check out the Resource section here.
VISITORS NATURE GUIDELINES
The plans described below have been designed based on many years of experience in the Yasuni.
The order and exact details of the activities may be modified depending on weather and other environmental factors beyond our control.
We encourage our visitors to experience and explore the Yasuni Wilderness with a minimal environmental impact.
The following is our guidelines:
- Silence in the forest at all times
- No handling of wildlife
- Birding Playback is limited to 3 tries per species/location
- Music is personal
- Stay on the trails
- No flash to be used on Birds and Mammals.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
We suggest that you only bring to the lodge items that you are going to use in the forest. There really is no reason to carry your larger suitcase. Luggage permitted is 10 Kilos.
Below is a recommended packing list:
- Passport & Vaccine Card
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Personal Medicine*
- Long Trousers
- Long Sleeves
- Wind Jacket
- Cap or Hat
- Water bottle
- Bathing Suit
- Insect Repellent
- Waterproof bag
- Zip-lock Bags for wet cloths
- Soap & Shampoo (Biodegradable!!!)
- Camera with Extra Memory Card
- Spare Camera Batteries and charger
- Flashlight with Rechargeable Batteries
- Waterproof Binoculars (8 X 32 or 10 X 42)
- Notebook and Pencil
COMMUNITY ITEMS (Optional: for the community children)
- 50 Page Notebooks
- Tooth Brush